Monday, October 17, 2011

Weary

I stayed home with both girls today and neither wanted to nap, so another day comes and goes. Took Piper to her regular doc just for a follow-up from last week, which is silly to me because once she was admitted to the hospital, her docter was on an FYI basis only. OH well. Was looking forward to getting both girls to school tomorrow and I planned to stay home and sleep ALL DAY. Of course, the Vandy doctors called tonight and said that even though Layla's "rapid strep test" from the other night was negative, the culture did grow strep in the lab. Off to Walgreens we go for amoxicillin for her and she can't go to school tomorrow again.

Decided that Piper is doing well enough to give school a try. Her teachers will need to take some extra precautions though. She doesn't seem to realize that she can't yet do all the things she did before. Yesterday she fell flat on her back/head 3 times. Poor baby.

The Hershey syrup has run its course and we are realllllly looking for other ways to give her that nasty medicine. So, if you have any great ideas...please comment here. I'm going to try yogurt in the morning, I think. Another on the list is honey. We've got 4 weeks of this nasty stuff to be creative with.

I had subs lined up to teach hoop class this week; but, after sitting in a hospital room for 5+ days, I decided the best thing for ME would be to go and hoop wth some fun people. Aside from the physical benefits, it is really great mentally and I benefitted greatly from that 50 minutes tonight.

I'm still shooting to be back at work on Wednesday, though with Layla home tomorrow, I'll miss my day of sleeping before going back. Work awaits though and I really don't like the feeling of missing so much.

Hope all is well in your worlds. Thank you again for the continued thoughts and prayers.
KB

p.s. I'm captain for a team in the Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure 5k this year. The race is on October 29th. If you would like to support the cause with a $10 donation, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment