Sunday, October 16, 2011

The List

We have been very overwhelmed this week with the friends God has put in our lives and how everyone has been moved to help in their own special ways. While I've been able to respond to many people, I've not responded to everyone -- BUT, I have read every email, facebook and blog comment, tweet and text message and listened to all your voicemails. Your outreach means so much and I have read, re-read, and re-listened to many of them. All of this is to say that if you haven't heard from me, it's not because I didn't hear you. I'll get caught up eventually, but until then, just know that all of your notes mean so much.

There is already a very long list of people to thank and I want to do a quick shout out here to those that have visited, brought meals, taken care of Layla, sat with Piper or me, and on and on:

Claudia Andl - first on the scene when things were scary on Monday!! And my daily provider of delicious morning coffee and scones!

Greta Day - organizing all the volunteers and handling the email traffic on that front, plus bringing meals and sitting with me and with Piper

Ashley and Chris Rodway- spearheading the meal plans post-discharge, entertaining Piper and bringing lunch for me to the hospital. The cookies are incredible!

Amber Compton - staying at our house with Layla, getting her to school and home. Basically, taking amazing care of our other princess

Eric and Lauren Murrell- Eric posted the prayer request on our church website right away and there was a LOT of prayer action from that. He was second on the scene Monday, along with another friend from church- and led prayer during the procedure. Lauren entertained Piper and kept me company Wednesday night.

Rebecca- our neighbor, who was the only person I could think to call at 1:30a from the ER and talk. Her church pastor was up that late too and she got him praying immediately as well

Adam Stroube - second on the scene, Monday, with Eric Murrell. He and his wife have been praying for Piper

Julia McAndrews - took me out to lunch during Piper's MRI. A great way to get through the 4+ hour time

Heather Andrews - baked fresh, homemade muffins for Piper and brought lots of delicious and healthy foods for Piper so she wouldn't have to do hospital food all the time

Robert and Andrea Bronaugh - yum! Which Wich - our fav!!

Heather Rogers- brought me Excedrin for my migraine when the hospital wouldn't give me anything

Amy, Lauren, and Tabitha - Some Primrose family came and brought smiles to Piper and let me get a shower - YAY!

Nichol Cobaugh - dinner for the family and staying with Piper so we could go home and spend some time with Layla

Ann Trammell-- 2 words: Smoothie King.

All the visits and baskets and flowers and balloons and those bringing meals and sub teaching Hoop classes:
Julia, Carla, and Patten
Poonam and Heather
Aegis
Southland Constructors
American Constructors
Long Hollow Baptist Church small group
Julie Woodruff and company
Tony Harris
AJ Durham
Aubrey Adams
The King Family
Bonnie Hall
Veronica Greene
Wendy Monday
Vannie Morrisey
Shelly McPherson
AGP Happy Hoops class
Christine Harvey
Amber Arthur
Bonnie Aldroft-Curran

And last, but not least, all our family for their check-ins, help with Layla, laundry, groceries, prayers, and on and on and on!!

I'll continue to post updates about Piper's progress. She's going to get her 15mos immunizations this week :( and we have follow up visits scheduled twice in the next two weeks.

Off to sleep I go...


Sorry if I've missed anyone-- there are an awful lot of people to thank!!

No comments:

Post a Comment