Thursday, October 13, 2011

Home is in sight

Lots of meetings and conversations with the medical team of doctors throughout the day. Right now, they are very interested in seeing her fever-free without the aid of Motrin or Tylenol. She's not getting any kind of pain medicine - YAY! She still doesn't want to walk very much; but, her little muscles have gotten very week. It breaks my heart to see our little girl struggling and hurting to walk and yet still trying. She is very shaky on her feet and her balance isn't very good. I don't imagine it will take too long to get her muscles back in shape and moving again.

If she continues trying to walk and stays fever free we will get to go home soon! It is very, very, very final now that she will NOT have the PICC, rather 4 weeks of the worst-tasting oral antibiotic ever. They say kids will vomit, gag, start hating their favorite foods, all kinds of stuff from this medicine. She's about to get her first does in a minute because HER IV IS OUT!! I'm going with the "hide-it-in-chocolate pudding approach.

Once that is done - I'm hoping for some good sleep all around tonight. We both certainly need it.

I'm delirious and just noticed that I was starting to type stuff that I've already said in this entry, so I'll go  and get some rest (after I mix up her medicine in the pudding).

1 comment:

  1. AHHH! God is so good. Continually thankful for your good news.

    ReplyDelete