Thursday, October 20, 2011

Fire Hooping Therapy

The perfect night of unwinding from all that's happened in the last 10 days. I've waited a long time to have MY OWN fire hoop. In fact, I started fire hooping right before I found out I was pregnant with Piper. I was all set to buy the fire hooping gear; but being pregnant kind of threw that out (temporarily). BUT- my quick wicks came to day and I was SO excited to get home and get the girls in bed so I could go out and play! "What are quick wicks," you ask. Great Question. Quick wicks are....well, wicks, but you can take them off the hoop, put them on a different hoop, put them on yet another hoop, etc. As opposed to the traditional hoops that have the wicks built in and the hoop is ONLY ever a fire hoop. The video is of my second burn with the wicks tonight. The first burn was MUCH better though. I dropped the hoop a couple times here; but, I feel quite certain a little wrap of grip tape and I'll be ALL set. I plan to give this lots and lots of use, so if you'd like to come out and enjoy some fire hooping, let me know!!



The girls are doing great. Layla had a rough day at school yesterday; but had a GREAT long night of sleep. She's still not 100% but she's a TON better. Piper...well, Piper is hilarious and seems to be completely back to herself.

I am still exhausted, but was able to sleep in yesterday and today. My boss and work, in general, have been so wonderful and supportive. Eric's great, of course...he's fortunate in that he requires MUCH less sleep than anyone I've ever met.

Until tomorrow! Sweet fire hooping dreams!
KB

1 comment:

  1. Like the fire hooping. We are so glad the girls are better and back to them selves.
    Can't believe how they are growing. We have not seen Piper since she was a baby. She is so pretty and o course Layla's is too. Glad you are getting rested up.
    McKnights in Brodhead

    ReplyDelete