Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Before Psalm 10:12

The first entry, how the name of the blog came to be, is actually Part 2 of the story. Part 1 of the story is interesting in that the my arrival at the verse Psalm 10:12 is because of a relationship Piper had first.

We've been going to Long Hollow Baptist Church for a couple years now- but I hadn't gotten connected to the people yet. This summer, one of Piper's Sunday school teachers, Lauren, asked if I would want to join a small group that she and her husband, Eric, were leading. I was so excited and I said "yeah!" It had been on my mind for a while and it had been an even longer time since I'd been part of a small group. I was super excited on so many levels.

A couple months later, the book was distributed and reading began. Again, the book is "Walking with God" by John Eldridge. Two or three weeks into our reading is when I stumbled on the part about asking God which of His words we should read....et voila! Psalm 10:12

The timing of when the small group invite came, the channel (Piper's teacher), the reading chosen for the small group...all of it leads us to where we are right now. Another reminder of how God is in everything, not just at this moment, but in all the moments leading up to the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment