Friday, October 14, 2011

H-O-M-E...What's that spell?!?!

Cuz that's where we're heading....TODAY. They are even trying to get us out this morning!!! So great.

Piper and I both got a full night of much needed, uninterrupted sleep. I'm not sure who slept harder. She's back asleep right now after eating some stroganoff for breakfast, silly girl, (Thanks, Greta!!).

The plan is to keep her home from school this coming week so that she can get her strength up. She's still very weak and wobbly. I was so proud of her this morning though - she walked a lap around our wing. I had to hold her hand and she still favors her left leg, but it's more than she's walked since last week.

She's had 2 doses of oral antibiotic. I had stocked up on pudding and ice cream last night to mask the flavor, but we couldn't even get her to try the pudding or ice cream before mixing. We decided that wasn't going to work and we were going to have to just give it to her straight. I was so dreading that; but, once again, she is amazing. Turns out she take the nasty stuff straight and doesn't even grimace. Bizarre, but we'll take it.

We'll find out the follow-up plan when they get further into the discharge process.

I did want to share another story of how God has been walking with us and making himself known throughout this experience....Monday night, in the very wee hours, I decided I had simply had enough of the hospital and needed to get out. I drove home to do laundry and get a couple things. When I got in my car to leave the hospital, Mandisa's "Stronger" was just starting to play on the radio. I CRANKED IT UP!! It was really the perfect "theme song" to what we were facing. Came back and slept at the hospital that night. I'd brought a music docking station to the hospital and have played music for Piper almost constantly. I got up Tuesday morning and hit shuffle on my iPhone, which has thousands of songs....and what came on? "Stronger!!!" I knew everything was going to be great. So, every morning since, we play that song and dance around the room together. If you aren't familiar with the song, I suggest you check it out. I'm putting the lyrics below. It's a great song and you can listen/watch it on YouTube too. Click Here.

Hey, heard you were up all night
Thinking about how your world ain't right
And you wonder if things will ever get better
And you're asking why is it always raining on you
When all you want is just a little good news
Instead of standing there stuck out in the weather

Oh, don't hang your head
It's gonna end
God's right there
Even if it's hard to see Him
I promise you that He still cares

When the waves are taking you under
Hold on just a little bit longer
He knows that this is gonna make you stronger, stronger
The pain ain't gonna last forever
And things can only get better
Believe me
This is gonna make you stronger
Gonna make you stronger, stronger, stronger
Believe me, this is gonna make you ...

Try and do the best you can
Hold on and let Him hold your hand
And go on and fall into the arms of Jesus
Oh, lift your head it's gonna end
God's right there
Even when you just can't feel Him
I promise you that He still cares

'Cause if He started this work in your life
He will be faithful to complete it
If only you believe it
He knows how much it hurts
And I'm sure that He's gonna help you get through this

When the waves are taking you under
Hold on just a little bit longer
He knows that this is gonna make you stronger, stronger
The pain ain't gonna last forever
In time it's gonna get better
Believe me
This is gonna make you stronger

No comments:

Post a Comment